Thursday, March 27, 2014

Beethoven & Chocolate

Only half of the title makes sense. I've been waiting for the opportunity to use it and this seemed close enough. A while ago, I asked Jess Warchal-King for help coming up with titles for the piece that eventually became "Life Lines"... without having seen the piece, she recommended "Beethoven & Chocolate"and it stuck.

This little film is what happened with sunglasses and a playlist on shuffle. Yes, this is how I spent my Thursday. I have so much more footage from all sorts of experiments over the past couple weeks. There's no way it'll all make it up here. I've really enjoyed having all this creative time to play while all of the companies I dance for have been on break. April is about to get a lot busier, but I'm not about to let all this stuff go.

Too many "this"

http://youtu.be/wnYZNVEtJMQ

Sometimes I feel like this kind of theme/choreomusical/simple performative relationship is overdone... yet I rarely get sick of it..

No comments:

Post a Comment