Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Dusty Floor

I spent about an hour moving very slowly to Chopin's Prelude # 15 (Raindrop) the other day. A few months ago I made a solo to "Losing You" by Dusty Springfield.. twas very personal and memorable. Both experiences felt meditative and therapeutic. I'm enjoying flip-flopping the songs to see how these two pieces relate. It's helping me uncover some themes that I keep coming back to... woman alone in space, disappointed.. I also have a duet vision in mind that may go with this character..

"The useless days will add up to something." -Cheryl Strayed
All this time alone in the studio and editing these films can feel self-idulgent and useless... here's to hoping that it's adding up to something! Thank you for sharing this process with me. Gentle feedback is always much appreciated.

1 comment: