Saturday, March 29, 2014

Watching

This week's main project: "Watching"

On Thursday night I saw Tere O'Connor's "Bleed" and was totally inspired. It left me feeling patient and at peace... mainly with my own artistic process. I love Tere's thoughts on writing and dance. He talked about how it's best when they run parallel to each other. He's particular about avoiding singular definitions, which seems to provide for a beautiful poetic and abstract aesthetic. I left the performance feeling inspired to sit longer with my own artistic interests, allowing them to marinate and complicate. I certainly tried to complicate this video, mainly with timing and sound layers. I love when experiments lead to surprise relationships within my work that I didn't originally see. If you find any particular moments/relationships in it that stick with you, let me know! Tis all part of a process :)

click here to watch "Watching" on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment